Here is what I did:
This is what the hairpiece looked like originally. My sister wanted to reuse the flowery pieces, but turn it into something other than a crown.
So, the first thing I did was remove the flowers. They were essentially glued on (with glue over 50 years old now...), so it was easy to pull them off. Next, I arranged them into a new shape and stitched them together, as seen below.
Once I had the basic shape, I had to go about adding the tulle. We agreed that her dress would look better with no veil, so instead I wanted to incorporate tulle into the hairpiece. Luckily, I had some extra tulle from my wedding that I was able to use. I basically played around with the tulle for awhile, making loops and layers and then stitched it onto the circular shape I had. I then had something like this:
Once I decided this was what I wanted (and of course ran it by the bride), I finished it off. I actually got some white felt that I used as a backer (to cover and contain all the lose threads, etc), and cut it into the right shape and hot glued it to the back. Then I found a hair clip at Michael's (of course), and hot glued that to the back as well. I then bent the hairpiece into a curved shape so that it would conform to her head better. I tried it on and it looked fabulous and ready to go. It looked perfect with her dress and was a beautiful addition to her whole look! Here she is at the reception, check out how great it turned out!