Sunday, December 23, 2012

Stationary Galore

I guess you could say I am a perfectionist and I need to have everything exactly the way I want it.  Yes, you could definitely say that.  So when it came to all the details for my wedding, I did it all myself, the way I wanted it.  This went for all my stationary needs as well.  I got a little help from Michael's (okay so I pretty much lived there for a few months), but I put a lot of time and effort into making everything look perfect. 

I like showing people that it IS possible to do things yourself! You don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on invites and menu cards!  As long as you have some time and patience, you can do it too!  I want to show what I made and hopefully inspire some ideas for other brides!  Below you'll find items from my wedding as well as my sister's wedding.  Enjoy!

These were my programs- I got the cover from a Lutheran church supplier and then made them my own with white sheer ribbons and purple inserts with the ceremony information

This is the head table.  You can see the place cards and the menu cards that I hand made. You can see I went with a jewel theme and of course the purple and silver color scheme!

My place cards were in various shades of purple to create a cool effect when they were all placed out on the table together.  They had different sized jewels as well.

I made the guestbook to be like a scrapbook, and then all of the guests signed the pages kind of like a yearbook.  I found a blank bound scrapbook and decorated the pages with pictures of us.  It is something I actually like to look at!
These are our invitations- I bought the blank invitations at Michael's (best deal ever!) and then designed them with the layout that I wanted and printed them myself. If you don't want to spend a lot on something people will throw away anyway, use Michael's!  Just my advice...
This is the menu I designed for my sister's wedding.  You can't really tell but they are resting on adorable mini easels that we found at... you guessed it, Michael's.

I am obsessed with the programs I made for my sister's wedding.  They all hung on the chairs like this, and I loved the simple elegant look!


No comments:

Post a Comment