Sunday, December 23, 2012

Favorite DIY Wedding Details

Here are some of my favorite things that I made for weddings. Hope it provides some inspiration!

I am really into having cute hangers for dresses, so I made a white one for my wedding gown, and I made these for my bridesmaids.  I just painted wooden hangers, then used a stencil to paint on each of their initials.  I also added some jewels, which may be hard to see.

Here's another shot of the hangers, just with the dresses on them!  See, looks much cuter than mismatched boring hangers.

I added these jewels to my bouquet.  My mom and I also made the bouquet wraps, and I found these jewels in my mom's house with all our old crafty stuff.  I love embellishments on bouquet stems!

My mom and I made my veil, which was really special.  We actually made it out of her old veil, which happened to still be in pretty good shape.  All we had to do was cut hers up (it was bigger than what I wanted), and then iron it. A lot.  Ironing tulle is not the easiest thing in the world.  It took a lot of time and was a little stressful (you don't want to melt it), but once we got it nice and smooth, we could cut it to the right size/shape (circular) and then gather the top edge and sew it onto a hair comb.  Then we decided to add some jewels to the edge (geez I guess I really was obsessed with jewels...).  Homemade and very special!  Most veils cost a LOT and this was essentially free... and beautiful!  Try it!

These were our favors- got the boxes from Michael's of course, and I just like how they looked and fit into the whole theme

I love this idea and did it for my sister's wedding too (see below).  I made these out of scrapbook paper, foam letters that I hand painted, tulle, and jewels of course.  I love the look :)

This was something I was excited to do- a lot of people do the family tree kind of thing at weddings, so I made mine into an actual tree!  Photos of both of our parents/grandparents from their wedding days.  It was lots of fun!
 Here are the letters I made for my sister's wedding. Also the wonderful table runners that my mom made herself!

Okay so this was not my idea and I didn't make it, but it is really cool so I had to share it... For my sister's wedding she used a peg board with wine corks for the place cards/favors. I did do the sketch for the design of the board, so I guess I did work on it in a way.  I love how it looked- props to her and my uncle for making the board!

No comments:

Post a Comment